The Knoll Blog

Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Bad news Bears

I hate to damper young carefree lives with glum news, but this new bares dampening.
A women I've worked with for two years now, Cathy, Killed herself on monday; Pill overdose.
I ask that everyone with and spare time and/or pity take a moment to pray for her (or at least observe a small moment of silence.)
Cathy had a lot of problems, and drove her friends at work nuts, but we had hoped for so much better for her.

On a personal note: This brings the suicide count up to three now.
1.) My moms friend's son, Shaun. (family friend whom baby sat me)
2.) Dewy, a superviser in the cattering dept. I work at.
3.) And now Cathy, Friend and co-worker.

This day and age is hard, but I never immagined that it was this hard.
God help us all.

4 Comments:

  • At 7:01 PM, Blogger Brian Armitage said…

    Damn it.

     
  • At 7:19 PM, Blogger Brian Armitage said…

    Before I read the post, I was on my way back from the laundry room, and I was thinking to myself, "Really? Compared to the horrible things people elsewhere have been through, we in America have never really experienced hardship."

    Futile thinking.

    In one sense, we can look at how difficult someone's life is, and compare it to another. But the comparison breaks down when you look at what really matters:

    hope.

    Without it... what else matters?

    Lamentations 3:48-58.

     
  • At 10:35 PM, Blogger Third said…

    Man, i remember Cathy. She was the one who showed me around on my first day at the CSUS kitchen.

    i'm with Brian. The strongest and most resilient emotion of all has always been hope. You can beat any emotion but hope, and you can beat any other emotion with it.

     
  • At 11:34 AM, Blogger The American said…

    I'm sorry to hear this news, it makes me sad to think that people fall into these types of situation where suicide is the better option. I unfortunately didn't know her but I pray that she's in a better place now.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home