The Knoll Blog

Friday, September 01, 2006

So I've only got a couple votes, but it seems like Super-hero's is going to win and I would very much like to run a game of Super-hero's. So that's what it's going to be.

Powerlevel will be 10. Everyone starts at 10 and that's the only limit as far as powers goes. Follow the other limits in the book, but everything else is pretty much fair game subject to my approval.

Also I'm opening this game to pretty much anyone we do RPG's with (that includes you, Liam, when you get back from France). It'll be pick up games whenever we get 4 or more people together who want to play and you can convince me to do it. It'll be pretty easy to convince me since I don't have to carry around nearly as many books for Supers.

As for the book, I want everyone to become familiar with the system. THAT MEANS EVERYONE. It doesn't mean Lenny tell everyone how to do something in the middle of combat, or ask Neko to pretty much run your combat for you, be familiar with the system. Learn it, understand it. It really helps to streamline the combat if everyone knows what they're doing. If you don't have the book, get access to it. I know Neko has it, I think John has it, and someone else could always run out and buy it. I will not be loaning my copy out to anyone because I need it to build all the villains you'll be fighting, so don't ask me for it.

As for game times, since it's a pickup game they can be anytime, but due to people's frequently busy schedules most games will probably take place on the weekends or in the evenings, just so you know.

Characters: Since this game is not going to require all players all the time it won't be as closely knit a party as D&D generally is, but I do what all the characters to know each other. Kind of a very relaxed super group. You're all associated, but when you stop that bank robbery the civilians don't know which of you it will be and don't really expect all of you to be there. You share a base, you work together when you can, but sometimes you run solo, or someone goes on vacation, etc. That way we can say Mighty Girl is on vacation if her player can't make it to a session, or she's off solving some other crime. You know, that kind of thing. But please, please, please, everyone play nice with the other hero's. You are hero's, and while some hero's are jerks and pompous, lets try not to have more than 2 of those in the group. Best case scenario we'll have none of those jerks. Anyway, I;ve started to ramble on. So yeah, you'll all share a base with various necessities, a crime-puter, an infirmary, private rooms for each of you, all the types of things you should need. We can add things as they are requested.

I think this is the last thing, lets try to discuss character concepts before characters are made so that we don't have people stepping on each other's toes. Just drop concepts into the comments here and you can drop extra concepts out there for other people to use if they're having trouble coming up with something. Lets also try to round the group out. Not everyone should be a different kind of from line tank.

Oh, real last thing. Origins. Where did your powers come from? And where did you come from? Do you have family? Do you have a secret identity? Etc. All that character building stuff that I would like to know for plot hooks. That should be all. Start coming up with characters.

(And as for you, Mr. Powers, happy early birthday. Curse you being my elder!)

Quack Quack ~Emu Sound~

1 Comments:

  • At 11:57 AM, Blogger John Ostermiller said…

    Yay for Supers. I really like the sound of the format, Chase. I've got some ideas, too.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home