The Knoll Blog

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

For all of you waiting for anything more Capoeira in your life, on the 23rd of September is the 2006 ADB Batizado. It's our big yearly event where we get a bunch of Mestres from all over the US and Brazil to come down and teach workshops, have fun, play Capoeira and initiate the new students officially. That's when we get our Cordao's (belt thingys) for play Capoeira with a Mestre. I will obviously be involved as I will be getting my first Cordao and helping with just about anything else anyone asks of me there. But anyway, if you want to see some awesome Capoeira (the best of the best will be there) it is open to the public for $10 (I think). The workshops end at 6 and that's when the big Roda starts. Then you can all see me get picked on by someone far my superior. YAY!

If anyone remembers the Capoeira DVD I got last year (with the man we unofficially name "Magic" because he was so freaking awesome) this is that event, only a year later and involving me. So yeah, people should come and support me because I'm your friend. Call it a birthday present.

A handy piece of trivia "Batizado" means baptism in Portuguese. That's right, for all of you out there that know I'm not religious, you can say you get to see me baptized.

Come to the Batizado!

Quack Quack ~Emu Sound~

2 Comments:

  • At 2:26 PM, Blogger John Ostermiller said…

    I'm totally down. Who else wants to go?

     
  • At 5:36 PM, Blogger Duckmu said…

    I should also add that I will not be able to give anyone rides because I'll be down there all day. Adrienne might be able to accomidate, but that's up to her. Don't wait until the last minute to see about getting down there.

    Quack Quack ~Emu Sound~

     

Post a Comment

<< Home