The Knoll Blog

Monday, December 13, 2004

Thanks to Lenny for posting that announcement.

At the moment my intraweb is workin, so I am able to post this... DnD on Tuesday is still on. I caught a terrible 24 hour death bug from a coworker but thanks to my absolutely wonderful immune system (second only to Liam and 20th level monks) I should be fine for my Anthro final and teh gamezor. Regarding that...

I'm thinking 3:30pm-4pm Tuesday the 14th for a start time, likely at Great Escape, unless someone would like to volunteer their home for the game (I know Lennys is off limits on Tuesdays, so...). As I far as I know, Lenny Cody and Carolyn will be available around then... how about Chadrienne? Drake? Liam?

As for Liam's monk, I've realized I made some errors. When he had to leave suddenly the first night he played I made an offhand joke and Liam ran with it. I let him choose feats out of a book I did not own, I let him use sources other then the 3.5 PHB (which was my rule for all starting characters at the time) and I'm not sure how I'm going to cope with a character with level 29 AC. However, I am not going to outright punish a player for my error and ban his character. That would be stupid. What I would like to do is to see how things go, and possibly modify the existing sheet if need be. In the future, I'm going to require all feats, skills, etc. be contained in one of the books I own so I have easy access to it. Case by case acceptions may be made.

Regarding the Avalere notes some of you saw. Consider those void for now, I realize in creating a world and structure that it detracts from the very idea I was trying to execute: A freeflowing game without a bunch of continuity to get in the way.

Anyways, I can't think of anything else.

See you all tomorrow.

-john

5 Comments:

  • At 10:04 AM, Blogger Duckmu said…

    Like I told you last week, Adrienne and I won't be there today.

    Quack Quack Emu Sound

     
  • At 10:13 AM, Blogger Duckmu said…

    And regarding Liam's character. Why is it that a character who has been in one session is higher level than those that have been in three or four sessions?

    Quack Quack Emu Sound

     
  • At 5:37 PM, Blogger Third said…

    Really, the 29 AC shouldn't be that big deal: It's how the feats balance out my all but complete inability to do any damage whatsoever.
    As for why i'm higher level than the other players, i don't know. i know The rest of the players were about 1000 xp away from 5th level, so John just had me level mine to 5th too.

     
  • At 10:39 PM, Blogger John Ostermiller said…

    Um, I thought Adrienne said something about usually having Tuesdays off... so I thought I'd check. As for Liam being level 5, I went ahead and pushed him up there. At the time I thought it would be appropriate for someone who reached nirvana... again, part of my error of judgement. Don't forget I bumped you guys up even though you missed a session, so it should still all balance out in the end.

     
  • At 10:44 PM, Blogger John Ostermiller said…

    I forgot to add that Liam had been fourth level on the prison break session (the one Chadrienne missed) and so when Liam was back for the ill fated Magazine run module I leveled him. In the future I'm probably not going to be so free with giving out levels, but I'm still learning....

     

Post a Comment

<< Home