The Knoll Blog

Friday, June 25, 2004

I don't see the knoll as dying, Chase, as it is entering a state of hibernation. The Knoll Blog (I believe) was designed so we could stay in touch and have a bullentin board... well, we stay in touch pretty well or our own and most of the announcements were game related... so I don't see the blog getting as much use as it might have in the past. As for Vampire...

1.) Adrienne doesn't exactly have the most super fun schedule as it is working 6 days a week (if i remember correctly), and when she's off (Im assuming Sunday) Lenny wouldnt be able to play.

2.) I think Lenny was well within his right to re-evaluate how his time was being used on Wednesdays after 6 weeks of no game... (Note: Two of those weeks Vampire was affected because of his trip to Hawaii... one he was in a Hawaii and the other we weren't sure if he was going to be jetlagged or not) ...granted he wasn't exactly diplomatic about how he announced his change of Wednesday plans and maybe he should have talked to you about it beforehand in private... but thats not the point.

3.) Several people in the group have been either been faced with a new relationship in their lives (Lenny and Carolyn) or faced with other problems at home (Cody), and such things often take precedent over what is 'just a game'. I don't think we ever intend to disrupt what we love doing... but sometimes life is just like that.

4.) I know some of us were either tired of Vampire or WOD and that by bringing up the possibility of terminating the game at that point may have ulitmately doomed it.

5.) I don't think a single one of use doesnt WANT to play, but we just don't have the time to all get together, like you said. It sucks, it really does. But this isn't the first game to die and I bet it won't be the last.

That all said and done, I had a wonderful time playing VTM and I'm glad I decided to give WOD another shot. I know we've discussed ideas for other games privately, and I would love to see how those develop. Regarding Mutants and Masterminds, I think I understand what I did wrong as a GM and would like to have a chance to run that with people again. I'm also currently reading the Eberron Campaign Sourcebook and discussing a possible game with my neighbor and a few others...

Alright, enough of my sermonizing. I'm going to go fuck some more shit up in Ninja Gaiden.

5 Comments:

  • At 12:49 AM, Blogger 23r0 said…

    This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

     
  • At 12:51 AM, Blogger 23r0 said…

    let the record show that my life win my house is peachey keen and my weeks slowly are geting back to instering without all the RPing oh and john thanks for the pitty on AIM but i do not need form you or any one elsh will ta ta for now

    YOUR PAL(?)
    ZERO
    THE MUTE
    P.S: the was a slight typo

     
  • At 1:17 PM, Blogger Duckmu said…

    Boy Cody, you sure can be a jerk sometimes.


    Quack Quack Emu Sound

     
  • At 12:15 AM, Blogger Third said…

    Good thing Cody's the only person we know who comes across as a jerk, Chase.

     
  • At 5:08 PM, Blogger Duckmu said…

    Yeah Liam. Good thing. =)

    Quack Quack Emu Sound

     

Post a Comment

<< Home