The Knoll Blog

Sunday, April 25, 2004

I'm not sure if you were aware of it or not, but the Cyberpunk Project I've been working on since Senior year of highschool was intended not only for fiction, but eventually for a Deckers/Cyberpunk game game as well.

As for the Soul mechanic with regards to Deckers, it could allow them to handle more and more intense netrunning, as well as run with more complex wares... Cyberpunk by R. Talsorian gave each archetype a special ability that was unique to their profession... you might find answers there. You COULD work out a kind of profession system much like Storyteller had clans/tribes/etc. A possible list could be...

Deckers
Rockers
Couriers
Samurai
Suits
Fixers

If I had Neuromancer on me I could come up with more... Something I also think of when I think of the word Soul is more along the lines of Humanity/Sanity. And to be honest that doesn't seem to fit in my head with what you seem to want to do... Skill seemed a more appropriate phrase. Now for the questions....

I noticed you have 'Affected' as both a -1 and a -2 Mind level. Was this intentional? Is aggrosoft supposed to be attack software for net combat? I take it Implants refers to cybernetic enhancements (like the Yak's laser garote in J-M) while Bio mods are the more 'natural' kind of alterations? How do you see Occult and Meditation being used in the course of a game?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home