The Knoll Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2003

I am unavailable Sundays. Besides church in the morning, Sunday is designated "family time." Don't blame me. It's a leftover from my Midwestern heritage, I think. ;)

Later on Saturdays sounds great. Lenny has voiced his strong support... I believe the quote was "I'd be so happy!" I am, in fact, working this Saturday from 10-4. If anyone wants to pick me up from Arden Fair Mall around then, I would scarcely object.

Adrienne, I loved your D&D adventure. I have one recommendation about your ST/GM/DM-ing style (we should just pick an abbreviation...): avoid using the phrase "going to" when describing actions. Makes it sound like what you're describing is about to happen. Instead, I would suggest using the present tense. Much more energy involved. Case in point:

1) "He's going to quack and hit you in the head with the mallet."
2) "He quacks and hits you in the head with the mallet."

Whammo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home